Am I Eligible?
Upper Division Transfer Requirements
Once an undergraduate student has earned 60 or more transferable semester units (equivalent to 90 quarter units), he or she is considered an upper division transfer student.
Upper division transfers and lower division transfers have completely different admission requirements. Read them carefully! If you aren't sure how many college units you will have, check copies of your transcripts and/or talk to a college counselor.
- You must complete - before your application term - at least 60 transferable semester college units, with at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average based on your transferable work.
- Within those 60 units, you must complete at least 30 units of general education (GE) coursework, as defined in your present college catalog, with grades of C- or higher. If you'd like to check GE courses online for California public colleges, you can go to www.assist.org for useful course lists by college and GE subject area.
- As part of those 30 GE units, you must complete, with C- or better, all four of these subject areas:
- Written Communication (College English)
- Oral Communication (Speech)
- Critical Thinking
- Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning.
- All required subjects must be completed before your first term at Humboldt. Fall applicants must complete all admission requirements before summer begins.
- You must be in good academic standing at the last institution attended.