Academic Renewal

The Trustees of the California State University have established a program of academic renewal. Students having difficulty meeting graduation requirements due to a grade-point deficiency may petition to have up to two semesters or three quarters of previous college work discounted from all considerations associated with requirements for the baccalaureate degree.

Academic renewal is intended only to facilitate graduation from Humboldt State; it does not apply to individuals who already possess a baccalaureate degree or who meet graduation requirements without the approval of a petition for academic renewal.


In order to qualify for academic renewal, students must meet all of the conditions established by the Trustees:

Students who believe they are eligible should file a Petition of the Student with the Registrar through the Office of the Registrar (SBS 133).