Immunizations & Health Screening

New and readmitted HSU students (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students) are required to provide immunization information to the Student Health Center BEFORE enrolling in their first term. Providing the required information in advance will give you time to clear the hold (up to a week) before you register:

  1. valid proof of immunity to Measles, Rubella, and Hepatitis B.
  2. a completed Student Health Center Immunization Form (available online at

If you included vaccination records with your application packet, you will still need to submit another copy along with the required form using the website above. Necessary immunizations should be obtained before arriving on campus from your personal physician or local County Health Department. The Student Health Center may provide required vaccinations for a fee for those coming from areas where they are unavailable.

Measles and Rubella

All new and readmitted students must provide proof of full immunization against measles and rubella prior to enrollment.

Hepatitis B

All new students who will be 18 years of age or younger at the start of their first term at a CSU campus must provide proof of full immunization against Hepatitis B before enrolling. Full immunization against Hepatitis B consists of three timed doses of vaccine over a minimum 4 to 6 months period. If you need further details or have special circumstances, please consult the Student Health Center. Vaccine is available for a charge at the Student Health Center.

Meningococcal Disease

The Student Health Center recommends that entering students consider vaccination against meningococcal disease. Each incoming freshman who will be residing in on-campus housing will be required to return a form indicating that they have received information about meningococcal disease, the availability of the vaccine to prevent contracting the disease, and indicating whether or not the student has chosen to receive the vaccination. Vaccine is available at cost through the Student Health Center, though may also be obtained through Public Health and personal health providers.


Though not required, a second dose of chicken pox vaccine is highly recommended for those who have had one dose of vaccine and have not had chicken pox disease.

Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Adult Pertussis)

This vaccine is not required, but students are urged to get inoculated when their next tetanus shot is due in order to boost immunity to Pertussis (whooping cough).

Avoid a Registration Hold

Failure to provide proof of immunization will result in the student not being allowed to register for a second semester. The immunization requirements are not admission requirements, but are required of students as conditions of enrollment in CSU.