Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get unofficial transcripts?

Current Students & Former Students (attended HSU after June 1991)you can view and print your unofficial transcript through myHumboldt. Go to: How to view unofficial transcripts in Student Center Help.

Former Students (attended HSU prior to June 1991)

    1. Print out and complete the Transcript Request Form (pdf)
    2. Mark out the word "OFFICIAL"  and replace it with the word "UNOFFICIAL." One copy of this record will be provided at no charge.
    3. Submit your unofficial transcript request by:

      Fax: 707-826-6194

      Mail: Humboldt State University, Office of the Registrar Transcript Section, 1 Harpst Street, Arcata, CA 95521


Please contact the Technology Help Desk (707-826-4357 or if you need assistance with your HSU User Name or Password.

Unofficial transcripts can be mailed, faxed, emailed, or picked up by the student. A valid photo ID is required when picking up transcripts.

Are there common errors that can delay a transcript request?

Incomplete requests will delay processing and may result in your request being returned. Please ensure that you have included all of the required information on the Official Transcript Request form.

Some common errors are:

If you receive a call from our office regarding a problem with your transcript request, calling the Transcript Office at 707-826-6242 to correct the problem will expedite the process.

∧ Back to Top

What if I need my degree to post ASAP?

For RUSH degree review and posting, order an official transcript following the instructions below.

Your degree requirements will be reviewed within three business days after we receive your paid request

How long is the processing time?

Transcript requests are routinely processed and mailed out 7 to 15 business days* after arriving in our office or after grades post (if that option is selected on the request). Expedited (RUSH) handling requests will be processed and mailed out within 3 business days* after arriving in our office. Transcripts are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Please note that due to high volume of requests received at the beginning and end of each semester, transcript processing time varies. Time-sensitive orders should include the expedited processing option to ensure that the recipient receives your transcript(s) prior to any application deadlines or opportunities.

*Business days do not include holidays/campus closures. For example, transcript requests will not be processed while campus is closed during winter break.

∧ Back to Top


What is included on an official transcript?

A copy of your transcript includes:

∧ Back to Top

What happens if I have a hold on my records?

Your request will not be processed if you have any outstanding financial or administrative obligations to the university. These must be cleared before your records can be released.

∧ Back to Top

Will all transcripts on the form be sent out at the same time?

There is an option on the form to have transcripts held and sent at a later date (after grades, after degree posts, etc.).

If you want to have a transcript sent now and another copy sent at a later date, you MUST make two separate requests.

∧ Back to Top

Additional Questions?

If you have a question about transcripts, you can email our office for more information. Please include your full name (and any other names used at HSU) and your Humboldt State University ID number.